Dealing With Excessive SweatingHyperhidrosis is a condition characterized by abnormally increased sweating, in excess of that required for regulation of body temperature. Although primarily a physical burden, hyperhidrosis can deteriorate quality of life from a psychological, emotional, and social perspective. It has been called by some 'the silent handicap'. taken from Wikipedia, the free encyclopaedia. Anger, fear, anxiety, excitement, and general nerves can make us sweat. It's part of the sympathetic nervous system, or that "fight or flight" response to stress. But when you're nervous about your sweating, worried that others may think you sweat too much, becoming embarrassed and anxious and sweating more, it might be time to talk to Dr Rippon. A lot of people wonder whether their sweating is abnormal. Excessive sweating can affects about 1 in 33 people. There are so many external and internal factors at play that the line between normal and abnormal isn't always clear.
Stop Feeling Embarrassed
People should not feel embarrassed or worry if they experience excessive sweating, as there are many other people who share this condition. The medical condition can affects the palms or the soles of the feet. It can also occur in the underarms and other areas of the body, however this will most often become noticeable later on in adolescence, whereas the excessive sweating regarding the palms and the feet will occur around the age of 13.
Some people live their entire lives dealing with hyperhidrosis, and it can affect them negatively in numerous ways in their personal or professional lives. Usually, most individuals won't have a problem recognizing that there may be an issue at hand, as they will find they are sweating much more frequently than normal. No matter the temperature in the air on in the body, sweating can occur at any temperature for hyperhidrosis patients.
More severe sufferers sweat so much during the day that they need to have spare changes of clothing with them to change into dry clothes periodically. People notice sweat stains quite quickly, so this problem can be pretty frustrating and embarrassing for some people and negatively affects the social lives of some patients significantly as they choose to participate less socially in general. Social engagements can become stressful instead of joyful as they are supposed to be. For some, it can actually lead to a more severe depression, social phobias, and extreme anxiety.
Many people nowadays are using BOTOX® to combat this condition, BOTOX® has proven to be an effective hyperhidrosis treatment and the underarms are a common region of concern. Dr Rippon uses a small volume of BOTOX® solution injected through a very fine gauge needle into the underarm area. BOTOX® works by temporarily blocking the chemical signals from the nerves that stimulate the sweat glands. When these glands no longer receive the chemical signals, the excessive underarm sweating stops. The effect of BOTOX® can last a maximum of six months and so should be given twice a year in order for the patient to stay worry-free.
WHY SHOULD I HAVE TREATMENT WITH RIPPON MEDICAL SERVICES?
1. ADVANCED AESTHETIC MEDICAL DOCTOR: You will be treated by one of CUMBRIA'S leading AESTHETIC doctors who is highly experienced and specialist trained in delivering of Medical Aesthetics and Minor Surgery.
2. SERVICE & CARE: We pride ourselves on patient care and experience, therefore, you can be ensured that your visit and treatment is as informative, comfortable and professional as possible.
3. AFTER CARE POLICY Our aftercare policy ensures our patients receive the best care following their treatment.
4. CLINIC LOCATION: The treatment is carried out at our clinic on Fisher Street, in the historical part of Carlisle, with Carlisle Castle and Cathedral close by. We are situated opposite a public carpark and 5 mins walk away from Carlisle Bus and Train Stations.
5. HIGH PATIENT SATISFACTION: Our patients are very happy with their results resulting in many returning to have additional areas. We also have many that recommend friends and family to the clinic
6. PREMIUM MEDICATION: We use only premium and FDA approved products for the treatment.
7. PROFESSIONAL STANDARDS AUTHORITY We are an approved and regulated clinic, via Safe Face and the profession standards authority, this ensures that we carry out high standard treatments, hygiene and care to our patients. Telephone 01228 791447 or 07787541689 to book your consultation.