WHAT MAKES US LOOK OLDER?
In any discussion of skin ageing, it is important to differentiate between biological ageing (chronological ageing) and photo ageing (that is a direct result of exposure to sunlight).
As a general rule, individuals with biologically aged, photo protected skin appear younger than individuals with photo damaged skin who are of the same chronological age.
Biologically aged skin tend to have lax, dry and overall thinning skin quality with deepened expression lines where photo aged skin appears leathery, dry yellowed skin quality with deep wrinkles, accentuated skin furrows, age spots and bags and a variety of benign, premalignant, and malignant neoplasms; they also are at greater risk of nodular and hypertrophied skin as cited in The Art of Skin Health Zein E. Obagi.
In aesthetics, when we look at working out the approximate age of a person, the first thing our brain processes is the shape of their face as it is actually your face shape that's making you look older. This might be in contrast to you feeling that it's the dreaded wrinkles that are ageing you.
Everyone's face changes over time, from the aspired-to triangle of youth – with high cheek bones and well-defined jaw line – to a rectangle with a heavy jaw line and double chin. The shape of the face is much more important than the lines and folds. Why is this? It's all about the shape of your face.
The ideal in cosmetic surgery is to recreate the heart-shaped face that we aspired to when we were younger. The good news is that, apart from a lower face lift, for those of us who want to avoid going under the knife there are other treatments out there that we can do. Here at Rippon Medical Services, we don't want to create that puffed-up, cushion face we see in magazines, but using a more subtle approach we can redefine contours and replace lost volume, especially in the mid-face.
This natural effect can be achieved by either using conventional Dermal Fillers and Hyaluronic acid (HA) to hydrate and plump up the tissue in the skin or by having the PDO thread lift.
What happens to our skin as we get older?
In addition to your face shape changing, your skin also plays an important part. Skin is a protective coating with several functions and, at the same time, a vital organ for attracting engaging beauty from others. One of the microscopic substances that makes up your skin is known as collagen. Collagen is nothing more than a protein that is twisted in a helical shape; like a DNA molecule. However, collagen has three strands instead of two. Collagen's shape helps to keep your skin strong and firm.
While collagen does have elastic properties, there is a protein in your skin that is more involved in the elasticity of it: this protein is called elastin. Elastin allows your skin to pop back into place after some kind of force depresses it or pulls it out of position.
Unfortunately with age, collagen's and elastin's ability to function properly declines, we get fragmentation, thinning and a decrease of youthful elastic fibres replaced by fibrotic collagen, a decrease of dermal elasticity with subsequent face shape change. This is due to many reasons. For example, genetics, environmental factors such as smoking, u.v. radiation, stress, sleep deprivation and other health related reasons.
Ageing skin can give rise to negative emotions such as sadness, anxiety and lowered self-esteem, which in turn can lead to social withdrawal and eventually depression.
So what can you do?
WHY SHOULD I HAVE TREATMENT WITH RIPPON MEDICAL SERVICES?
1. ADVANCED AESTHETIC MEDICAL DOCTOR: You will be treated by one of CUMBRIA'S leading AESTHETIC doctors who is highly experienced and specialist trained in delivering of Obagi Nu Derm System treatment. PDP Thread lifts and Dermal Fillers.
2. SERVICE & CARE: We pride ourselves on patient care and experience, therefore, you can be ensured that your visit and treatment is as informative, comfortable and professional as possible.
3. AFTER CARE POLICY Our aftercare policy ensures our patients receive the best care following their treatment.
4. CLINIC LOCATION: The treatment is carried out at our clinic on Fisher Street, in the historical part of Carlisle, with Carlisle Castle and Cathedral close by. We are situated opposite a public carpark and 5 mins walk away from Carlisle Bus and Train Stations.
5. HIGH PATIENT SATISFACTION: Our patients are very happy with their results resulting in many returning to have additional areas. We also have many that recommend friends and family to the clinic
6. PREMIUM MEDICATION: We use only premium and FDA approved products for the treatment.
7. PROFESSIONAL STANDARDS AUTHORITY We are an approved and regulated clinic, via Safe Face, this ensures that we carry out high standard treatments, hygiene and care to our patients. Telephone 01228 791447 or 07787541689 to book your FREE consultation